VP MIDDLE MARKET CORPORATES
Our client is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. The company is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. It is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
It rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. It approache's and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
Reporting to the Global Head of Corporates this person will:
- Assume coverage of a broad range of mid-sized corporations with weak credit profiles and assist with new rating assignments.
- Produce timely, high-quality and insightful credit research, including rating reports and commentaries.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, investors and bankers.
- Lead rating committee discussions and help refine processes and research products.
- Represent DBRS Morningstar at conferences, including industry and debt capital market events.
- Build and update related databases as required.
- Excellent knowledge of credit analysis and capital markets, preferably combined to a sound understanding of high-yield/mid-market credits.
- Familiarity with the legal documentation associated with corporate debt issuance.
- Strong research and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of financial statements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and team player with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Depending on the candidate experience, we will be considering candidates with a minimum of four years up to 12-20 years of experience in credit analysis or corporate lending.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or another relevant discipline. Completion of the CFA program is preferred.