GENERAL MANAGER IBERIA
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the profitable management and operation of the company. He/she coordinates and leads their Management team to implement the business strategy and direction laid down by the company.
- Assures the implementation of Corporate Quality Management Systems to deliver engineering excellence to clients. Assures the compliance of the Quality system in all identities.
- Supports employee development and training to promote company stability, continuity and future growth and provide for future successful management pipeline through talent management & development, succession planning…
- Reviews all contract negotiations with operations, commercial/sales and project managers.
- Promotes high standards for the implementation and use of new technology to generate high quality products to improve efficiency of operations and client satisfaction.
- Reports to the Chief Business Officer/Management Board on the financial status of the company in their geographical area and makes recommendations on the use of any reserve funds and profits.
- Ensures profitability and best use of financial resources for the company’s development locally.
- Oversees and approves Company budgets, financial targets and monetary controls locally.
- Prepares and proposes local strategic plans and presents to the Management Board for approval.
- Updates Corporate Management on any actions, decisions and situations that could have detrimental effects on the fulfilment of strategic and tactical plans and proposes alternative plans to guarantee their fulfilment.
- Disseminates policies, objectives and strategic plans in line with Corporate strategies.
- Implements the actions required from Corporate Strategic Planning resolutions.
- Manages the company business activities locally to achieve Company targets and objectives.
- Ensures the fulfilment of Corporate objectives, strategies and goals; monitors the execution and implementation of Corporate strategies, programs and goals with their local management team and where necessary proposes alternative plans to ensure the company’s strategies and goals are met.
- Where applicable, prepares the relevant strategies and programs for the acquisition of new entities locally.
- Strategic and Innovative Mindset
- Drive for Results
- Customer Orientation
- Team Management
- +15 years’ experience with at least 5 years at Board level.
- Strong ability to collaborate insightfully with other team members to develop strategies and implement business plans.
- Strong planning, organising, co-ordinating and priority-setting skills.
- Astuteness in building relationships with clients, suppliers and contractors, and the ability to relate effectively with clients’ senior management and staff.
Bachelor or Masters’ Degree from University or Business School preferably in Finance or
English: proficiency mandatory
French: would be a plus as well as Portuguese