GENERAL MANAGER EUROPE
Our client is an e-commerce company that is searching for a General Manager. She/he will be a key member of the European executive team, making a significant contribution to the strategic development and operational delivery of the business. In particular, the candidate will work closely with the broader executive team (both European and global) to support brand development, reputation and long term engagement. People leadership is an important component of this role.
- Own revenue for all areas of the business. Track and analyze all key metrics including new customer count, retention rates, reputation and revenue. Partner with cross functional teams to enact strategies, both short and long term, to achieve budget.
- Develop strategies to drive long term growth by growing engagement and profitability that are in line with the overall company vision.
- Manage brand, onsite and email marketing teams to drive towards goals. Ensure we are creating a scalable funnel of new and repeat customers into the business that drives marketing ROI.
- Partner with FP&A to create our annual budget. Build the bottoms-up plan to achieve growth and retention targets, ensuring that our business, marketing and product strategy are aligned with our financial goals.
- Partner with Merchandising and Planning to align on Open-to-Buy forecasts and on strategic assortment decisions for future investments. Own campaigns and promotions, ensuring we are meeting engagement and margin targets.
- Be the key business stakeholder with the consumer product and tech team, providing business goals to guide the prioritization of the roadmap.
- Partner with the operations team to improve the delivery experience for customers. Develop an understanding of the Operations and partner closely with the team on the implementation.
- Partner with the CX team to best leverage and inform their resources to drive loyalty, providing business guidelines for customer policies based on rigorous a/b testing.
- Will bring strategic and ‘big picture’ thinking and be able to set a clear vision and plan whilst also being a ‘doer’ and remaining hands-on and close to the detail as needed. Will bring the right balance of strategy versus implementation needed in a high growth environment.
- Be highly analytical with a structured problem-solving approach. Will be metrics/KPI driven and embed a culture of data and fact-based decision-making. Will have razor-sharp focus, and the ability to ‘cut through noise’ to make sound and rapid commercial decisions.
- Thrive in conditions of rapid growth and change, able to deal with ambiguity and prioritising multiple projects. They will be a skilled manager and influencer, with a history of creating effective cross-functional partnerships and working through multiple levels of an organization.
- Have a track record of success helping build high-growth, disruptive digital businesses, and will have considerable eCommerce experience working within.
- Will have previously worked within high volume and complex digital businesses, and will be comfortable working in a very fast-paced, constantly changing, environment.
- Will have experience with onsite marketing, CRM.
- Have a proven track record in building out strong scalable teams, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent across multiple territories. Will also effective at crossfunctional stakeholder management, and a strong and credible contributor to executive team decision-making.
- Will have multi-country experience, ideally operating on a global or pan-European basis.
- Will have solid knowledge of differing marketing contexts, and success in influencing consumers across geographies. Will have experience in running multicultural and internationally dispersed teams.
- University Degree in Business Administration, BsC in Marketing, other University Degrees.
- MBA is a plus.
English is the vehicle language in the company. Spanish is highly recommended.