The Controller will provide hands-on leadership and management in the areas of accounting and financial reporting and direct the company’s accounting policies, budgetary process, periodic forecasting and job costing process.
- Direct the company’s accounting policies, budgetary process, and job costing process.
- Maintain fiscal records and internal controls
- Manage inventory, costing, valuation, and control
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, ensuring the accuracy of the forecasts to meet targeted expectations
- Review project costing, forecasts and budgets; work with applications and operations to increase the accuracy and profitability of quoted cost estimates
- Maintain fixed asset records of the company, prepare capital expenditure requests and justifications
- Responsible for accounting functions such as accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost accounting, and general ledger
- Ensure the accurate preparation of income and balance sheet statements, profit and loss statements, budgeting, audit, tax, and other accounting statements and reports
- Oversee company financial needs, controlling disbursements, bank balances, establishing and maintaining credit and collection procedures
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate office in US and division in Spain for financial reporting and be able to translate financial statements from EUR to USD
- Commercial acumen and proven ability to contribute to the growth of the business.
- Influencing skills and the experience to gain the respect of senior executives and staff.
- Confidence, creativity, and assertiveness.
- The ability to work both strategically and tactically in the business.
- Strong problem-solving skills, being able to identify and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present financial data clearly and precisely to senior management and the general associate population
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Strong background in Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Proven experience in successfully assisting senior management in dealing with balanced organic growth, acquisitive growth and cost control
B.S. in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting, or related field.