The aim of the role is to act as the main point of contact within Trade Marketing concerning the customers / channels assigned, providing support to Sales and Marketing in the development of the Company Plan (Bottom-up), sharing with the team ad-hoc analysis performed, supporting Sales in the preparation of offers to customers and maintaining track of the actual in-store implementation of the agreed activities.
Company Plan (Bottom-up)
– Brand Plan: Integrate the Brand Plan prepared by Marketing by defining listing recommendation split by customers (e.g. permanent products, in&out, exclusive, etc…) and developing activation plan guidelines by channel / group of customers.
– Customer Plan: Support Sales team in the Customer Plan preparation by providing customer risk and opportunities, ensuring individual customer plan coherence with the guidelines. Consolidate (together with Sales) the Customer Plan.
– Present (together with Sales) the Customer Plan to Marketing.
– Analyze the overall performance considering all the categories and customers assigned vs competitors with the aim to understand key performance drivers, risks / challenges and opportunities at customer level. Data are formalized in pre-defined reports that are cascaded to all the relevant functions - data are provided together with key insights and recommendations.
– Continuously monitor the customer performance and highlight any issues / opportunities (e.g. sell-in, sell-out, Gfk data, ad-hoc studies and analysis, etc…)
– Monitors the cases in which the customer does not accept goods for which he was already committed (especially for in & out products), and evaluate with the Legal team the potential consequences.
Customer contract negotiation
– Provide support (if needed) to Sales team during contract negotiations with customers.
Business Opportunity Identification
– Identify business potential for one / more categories at customers / channels level based on ad-hoc category analysis, shopper insights and business trends analysis that bring factual and accurate data with the aim to quantify the potential.
Customer Offer Management.
– Identify potential for growth that could be presented to the customer and quantify the potential in terms of uplift, margin, ROI, etc…
– Prepare selling argumentations specific on the customer.
– Ensure that all the element needed for the customer offer are available / provided by related functions.
– Provide support (if needed) to Sales team during the customer offer negotiation for specific activations.
– Maintain tracking of all the activities agreed and refused by the customer.
– Archive all the presentation to the customers in a dedicated folder.
– Provide guidelines and argumentations on how to place products in secondary placements to improve execution on shelf / out of shelf / check out for the assigned customers.
POS materials & Co-packing leftovers
– Identify, with the support of Supply Chain, which are the POS materials in stock that could be exploited also the following year vs the POS materials that could be removed and destroyed.
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Agent of change
- Drive for results
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and capable of adapting to different cultures
- Solid category management or marketing experience (+5 years).
- Preferably a mix of strategic and operational experience.
- Understanding of shopper behaviour at POS and POS marketing tools
- University degree
- MBA or similar studies
- Category Management and Shopper Marketing knowledge